I’ve been given a lot of advice, and it’s all helped me through the challenges in my young professional and personal life.
Although some of this is career advice and other personal advice, I feel like it’s all interchangeable.
As I look at this list, I feel thankful for all the smart and inspiring people who cared enough about me to share it. From CEOs to my grandma, it’s all relevant and it has all made a difference in how I conduct myself in the workplace and in life. And if you have any more advice, please comment!
So without further ado, in no particular order, here are my top 10 favorite pieces of career (and life) advice.
- “Always make a good first impression”
- “If you are prepared, you have nothing to be nervous about.”
- “Try to respond, ‘Yes, if,’ instead of ‘No, because.’”
- “Before you do anything, make a plan”
- “The only job worth doing is one that you love to do.”
- “After you double check something, triple check it”
- “Brand yourself so that you’re unforgettable”
- “Surround yourself with people that are smarter than you”
- “Perseverance will pay off, even if it’s not in the way you expected”
- “Tomorrow is another day”