It’s been a busy year for me professionally and personally in 2012.
- My business travels took me to Seattle, Salt Lake City, Jacksonville, Boston, Dallas and D.C.;
- Sticking to my 2012 new year’s resolution, I wrote more blog posts this year than ever before (see the top 12 here);
- My company, Landacorp, was purchased by EXL Service and renamed EXL Landa;
- I joined the Chico Young Professional’s Organization;
- I continued my service on the marketing committee at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley; and
- I started providing marketing and PR consulting services
- I traveled with my parents to D.C. to visit friends and then on to New York for a family reunion;
- I moved into a new house in Chico;
- I attended a wedding of a friend, a retirement party for an uncle and a funeral for a mentor/family friend; and
- I continued playing volleyball and practicing yoga weekly
This year has definitely been the year of growth, but now in 2013, it’s going to be the year of change.
On December 30, I will be moving to San Francisco and working for EXL Landa remotely. It’s a big change, but I’m excited to finally fulfill my lifelong dream of living in SF. I’m moving into a beautiful apartment in the Richmond District, with two other girls, and I can’t wait to experience the city life as a young pro.
Although I’m sad to leave Chico, which has been my home for more than six years, I’m confident I will maintain my personal and professional relationships, and also foster new ones in SF.
2013 is undoubtedly going to be a big year, full of changes and new experiences, and I look forward to writing my posts from the perspective of a young pro working and living in a major city.
Thank you all for your continued readership in 2012 and I look forward to sharing new experiences and hearing from you in 2013.